Tuesday, March 11, 2008

You can't ruin a layout!!!!


Well, at least for the most part you can't. It happened to me this weekend, I was getting ready to glue on an embellishment and was having a hard time getting the glue to come out (brand new too, I might say). So I gave it a bit of a harder squeeze and guess what....the cap popped off and spewed glue all over everything...my layout, my jeans, my carpet....I was not a happy girl!

After I calmed down....(it took awhile)...I didn't care so much about my jeans or the carpet. How bad is that? What I was concerned with was my layout! so I carefully wiped away the excess glue, it dries clear, so I thought it would be okay. I then covered up any areas that I didn't think would look good with other embellishments...and wouldn't you know...I was fine with it. I used to start over when something like that happened, now I just cover it up and move on!

I honestly don't think you can ever ruin a layout....I guess you'd have to completely spill an entire cup/glass of liquids on it to do so and maybe that would ruin it, but now I look at it as on opportunity to have it turn out even better than I thought!

3 comments:

Stacey S-O said...

I have so done that! I've also learned do not leave out self-inking stamps and a layout with toddlers. Doh!

Tara James said...

Me too!! Love the finished project.

Nicole said...

Nikki this looks so good... glad you spilled your glue!!